Healthcare stocks declined on Wall Street on Friday, down 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.2%, the Nasdaq declined 2.7% and the S&P 500 was down 1.2%.
Only one stock in the healthcare sectors showed gains:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 9.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 6.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is down 6.0% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 6.0% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 5.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 4.8% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 4.7% today.
- Covance Inc (CVD): CVD stock is down 4.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.