Healthcare stocks finished down broadly 3.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 2.1%, the Nasdaq plummeted 3.1% and the S&P 500 was down 2.1%.
Only one stock in the healthcare sectors showed gains:
- Volcano Corp (VOLC): VOLC stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is down 8.7% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 8.6% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 7.2% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 6.4% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 6.1% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 5.4% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 5.4% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is down 5.2% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is down 5.0% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is down 5.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.