Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- J2 Global Communications Inc (JCOM): JCOM stock is up 7.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP): IEP stock is up 4.2% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 4.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Orix Corp Ads (IX): IX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Digitalglobe Inc (DGI): DGI stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc (DANG): DANG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Manchester United Ltd (MANU): MANU stock is up 3.2% today.
- Veolia Environnement (VE): VE stock is up 3.1% today.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is up 3.3% today.
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp (LGF): LGF stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 3.5% to a new 52-week low of $1.11.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is down 1.8% today.
- China Unicom [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHU): CHU stock is down 1.0% today.
- Groupon Inc (GRPN): GRPN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Retail Properties of America (RPAI): RPAI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is down 0.5% today.
- United States Cellular Corp (USM): USM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ventas Inc (VTR): VTR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD): KKD stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.