Services stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is up 5.5% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 4.8% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 3.7% today and up 22.0% in the last month.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is up 3.1% today.
- Tripadvisor Inc (TRIP): TRIP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp (LGF): LGF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Safeway Inc (SWY): SWY stock is down 9.9% today.
- Brink’s Company (BCO): BCO stock is down 7.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is down 5.2% today.
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP): CTRP stock is down 5.9% today.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is down 2.9% today.
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is down 2.6% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 3.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is down 2.5% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Telecom Italia S.P.A. (TI): TI stock is down 2.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.