Technology stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 1.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.2%, the Nasdaq declined 2.7% and the S&P 500 fell 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): SYMC stock is up 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Babcock & Wilcox Company (BWC): BWC stock is up 0.6% today.
- ADT Corp (ADT): ADT stock is up 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL): MRVL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Anixter International Inc (AXE): AXE stock is up 0.2% today.
- Autonavi Holdings (AMAP): AMAP stock is up 0.2% today.
- Benchmark Electronics (BHE): BHE stock is up 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Nxp Semiconductors N.V. (NXPI): NXPI stock is down 7.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is down 6.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aspen Technology (AZPN): AZPN stock is down 6.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Costar Group (CSGP): CSGP stock is down 6.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is down 6.2% today.
- Acxiom Corp (ACXM): ACXM stock is down 6.1% today.
- Intersil Corp (ISIL): ISIL stock is down 6.0% today.
- Micron Technology (MU): MU stock is down 5.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is down 5.6% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is down 5.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.