Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.1% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gulfmark Offshore (GLF): GLF stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 1.0% today.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is down 0.8% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 0.6% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.