Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 2.6% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $56.56.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is down 0.9% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is down 0.7% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 0.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.