Utilities stocks declined on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.5% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $32.13.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 0.7% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 0.6% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is down 0.5% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.