Utilities stocks rose broadly 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.0% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 1.0% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.0% to $32.97, near the 52-week high of $33.03.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.0% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.9% to $27.70, near the 52-week high of $27.72.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 0.8% to $50.79, near the 52-week high of $50.80.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.8% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 0.3% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.