Basic materials stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.0% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 2.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 2.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 2.4% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 2.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is down 1.2% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 0.9% today and down 20.0% in the last month.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.