Basic materials stocks advanced broadly 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.1% and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 14.5% today and up 20.3% in the last month.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.0% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.5% to a new 52-week high of $13.54.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $13.13.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.