Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 2.4% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 1.9% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 1.3% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.2% today.
- Molycorp Inc (MCP): MCP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 2.6% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 2.1% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.6% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.