Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 2.4% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 1.9% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 1.3% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.2% today.
- Molycorp Inc (MCP): MCP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 2.6% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 2.1% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.6% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.