Basic materials stocks rose broadly 0.1% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 8.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 4.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 2.4% to a new 52-week high of $81.00.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.