Basic materials stocks rose broadly 0.1% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 8.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 4.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 2.4% to a new 52-week high of $81.00.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.