Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 6.0% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 4.3% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 4.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 3.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 3.1% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 2.8% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.2% to a new 52-week low of $7.71.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 2.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.