Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Friday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 0.7% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 3.2% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Molycorp Inc (MCP): MCP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 2.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 2.1% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 4.0% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 3.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.