Basic materials stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 3.7% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $98.47.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 1.8% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.4% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.5% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Molycorp Inc (MCP): MCP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 1.0% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.