Capital goods stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $40.83.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.7% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Idex Corp (IEX): IEX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.7% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 0.3% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.6% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.