Capital goods stocks remained flat so far on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 10.2% to a new 52-week high of $45.63.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 4.4% to a new 52-week high of $75.68.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 1.5% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 1.7% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 0.9% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 0.4% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is down 6.2% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is down 4.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is down 2.2% today.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Briggs & Stratton Corp (BGG): BGG stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is down 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Texas Industries (TXI): TXI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.