Capital goods stocks finished flat on Monday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is up 0.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 0.8% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is up 0.7% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 2.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is down 2.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is down 1.9% to a new 52-week low of $73.88.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is down 1.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.