Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is up 2.2% today.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Movado Group Inc (MOV): MOV stock is up 1.2% today.
- Gentex Corp (GNTX): GNTX stock is up 1.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- LKQ Corp (LKQ): LKQ stock is up 1.0% today.
- Vera Bradley (VRA): VRA stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dana Holding Corp (DAN): DAN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is up 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is down 1.4% today.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is down 1.1% today.
- W.W. Grainger (GWW): GWW stock is down 1.0% today.
- Steelcase Inc (SCS): SCS stock is down 0.9% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Honda Motor Company (HMC): HMC stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.