Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- B&G Foods Holdings (BGS): BGS stock is up 4.4% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $60.25.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Diamond Foods (DMND): DMND stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Boulder Brands Inc (BDBD): BDBD stock is down 1.4% today.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is down 1.3% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is down 0.9% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.