Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Diamond Foods (DMND): DMND stock is up 1.4% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is up 1.1% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is up 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is up 1.0% today.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Usana Health Sciences Inc (USNA): USNA stock is down 2.9% today.
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 0.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.