Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Elizabeth Arden (RDEN): RDEN stock is up 13.1% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Inter Parfums (IPAR): IPAR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG): PG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Usana Health Sciences Inc (USNA): USNA stock is up 0.8%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 0.7% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is down 0.5% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.