Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is up 2.9% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is up 1.7% today.
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is up 1.5% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is down 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 1.1% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is down 0.7% today.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is down 0.5% today.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 0.5% today.
- Clorox Company (CLX): CLX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG): PG stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.