Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 3.9% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 3.3% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 1.3% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is down 0.8% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.