Energy stocks advanced broadly 0.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $28.46.
- Arch Coal (ACI): ACI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is up 2.2% today and up 70.6% in the last month.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $22.97.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 2.2% today and up 21.9% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 3.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 0.9% today and down 34.0% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 0.6% today and down 33.8% in the last month.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 0.4% today and down 36.9% in the last month.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 0.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.