Energy stocks fell on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $73.32.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $41.56.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is up 1.2% today and up 20.9% in the last month.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $67.29.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $20.74.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Alpha Natural Resources (ANR): ANR stock is down 4.1% today.
- Arch Coal (ACI): ACI stock is down 3.5% today and down 21.4% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 2.7% today and down 27.5% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 2.4% today and down 28.9% in the last month.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is down 2.0% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.