Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 4.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $27.36.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 1.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Schlumberger N.V. (SLB): SLB stock is up 2.0% to $101.88, near the 52-week high of $101.87.
- Baker Hughes Inc (BHI): BHI stock is up 1.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 1.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Rex Energy Corp (REXX): REXX stock is down 1.5% today and down 20.1% in the last month.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. C (ARP): ARP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.