Energy stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 2.6% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 1.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.