Energy stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 1.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $72.22.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 2.2% to $9.44, near the 52-week high of $9.51.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is up 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 2.3% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.