Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.1% to a new 52-week high of $17.56.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is down 0.5% today.
- USA Compression Partners LP (USAC): USAC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 0.5% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.