Energy stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 4.8% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 2.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 2.1% today.
- USA Compression Partners LP (USAC): USAC stock is up 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.6% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 0.6% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.