Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 4.3% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 3.8% today.
- Capitalsource Inc (CSE): CSE stock is up 3.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is up 3.7% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 3.6% today and up 24.7% in the last month.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 3.3% today.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.3% today and up 28.1% in the last month.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cme Group Inc (CME): CME stock is down 1.8% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is down 1.3% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 1.0% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.