Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 4.3% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 3.8% today.
- Capitalsource Inc (CSE): CSE stock is up 3.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is up 3.7% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 3.6% today and up 24.7% in the last month.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 3.3% today.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.3% today and up 28.1% in the last month.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cme Group Inc (CME): CME stock is down 1.8% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is down 1.3% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 1.0% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.