Financial stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First American Corp (FAF): FAF stock is up 2.3% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is up 2.0% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Commerce Bancshares (CBSH): CBSH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 1.7% today.
- T. Rowe Price Group (TROW): TROW stock is up 1.6% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is down 3.4% today.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is down 2.6% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 2.3% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 2.1% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 1.9% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 1.6%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 1.6% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.