Financial stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First American Corp (FAF): FAF stock is up 2.3% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is up 2.0% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Commerce Bancshares (CBSH): CBSH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 1.7% today.
- T. Rowe Price Group (TROW): TROW stock is up 1.6% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is down 3.4% today.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is down 2.6% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 2.3% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 2.1% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 1.9% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 1.6%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 1.6% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 1.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.