Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.8% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 1.2% to $31.13, near the 52-week high of $31.20.
- First Tennessee National Corp (FHN): FHN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is up 1.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $604.15.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (MRH): MRH stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $29.98.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 4.4% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 2.4% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 2.2% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Fleetcor Technologies (FLT): FLT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.