Financial stocks advanced broadly 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 2.8% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is up 2.9% today.
- Sterling Financial Corp (STSA): STSA stock is up 2.7% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 2.7% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 3.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 3.8% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 2.8% today.
- Northern Trust Corp (NTRS): NTRS stock is down 2.6% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 1.7% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 1.4% today and down 27.3% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.