Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is up 8.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is up 5.7% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 5.0% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 4.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is up 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd (PTP): PTP stock is up 3.0% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 3.2% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is down 5.1% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is down 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wellpoint Health Networks Inc (WLP): WLP stock is down 4.3% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is down 4.3% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is down 3.8% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 3.6% today.
- BB&T Corp (BBT): BBT stock is down 3.1% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 2.8% today.
- Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB): FITB stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.