Healthcare stocks finished up broadly 1.1% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 7.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 4.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 2.6% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is up 2.5% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 3.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is down 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.