Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.3% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 6.6% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 5.3% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 2.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Forest Laboratories (FRX): FRX stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Carefusion Corp (CFN): CFN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BDX): BDX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Stryker Corp (SYK): SYK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): ESC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.