Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 3.3% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 2.1% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 2.0% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 1.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $101.34.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 3.0% today and down 25.6% in the last month.
- Zimmer Holdings (ZMH): ZMH stock is down 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is down 2.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is down 1.3% today and down 37.7% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.