Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is up 4.9% today and up 33.4% in the last month.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 3.6% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 3.6% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO): SGMO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 7.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Novadaq Technologies (NVDQ): NVDQ stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is down 0.6%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is down 0.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.