Healthcare stocks finished flat on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is up 5.1% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): ESC stock is up 1.9% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 1.7% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is up 1.4% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 2.1% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 1.9% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 1.5% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 1.4% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.