Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $57.91.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Arthrocare Corp (ARTC): ARTC stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Covance Inc (CVD): CVD stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 4.6% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 4.2% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 3.4% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 3.4% today.
- Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO): SGMO stock is down 3.3% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 3.2% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 3.2% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 3.1% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 3.0% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 2.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.