Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.0% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.3% and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Lamar Advertising Company (LAMR): LAMR stock is up 5.2% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 4.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is up 4.4% today.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 4.3% today.
- Trimas Corp (TRS): TRS stock is up 4.1% today.
- Frontier Communications Corp (FTR): FTR stock is up 3.9% to a new 52-week high of $5.87.
- Iron Mountain Inc (IRM): IRM stock is up 3.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is up 3.7% today.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is up 3.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Priceline.Com Inc (PCLN): PCLN stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- DSW Inc (DSW): DSW stock is down 1.6% to a new 52-week low of $34.12.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Scholastic Corp (SCHL): SCHL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO): CMO stock is down 0.9% today.
- America Movil S.A.B. De C.V. (AMX): AMX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE): BOBE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is down 0.8% to a new 52-week low of $48.52.
- St. Joe Company (JOE): JOE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Life Time Fitness (LTM): LTM stock is down 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.