Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Rovi Corp (ROVI): ROVI stock is up 5.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kroger Company (KR): KR stock is up 3.8% to $45.26, near the 52-week high of $45.25.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 3.6% today.
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is up 3.3% to a new 52-week high of $51.40.
- Washington Real Estate Investment (WRE): WRE stock is up 3.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ltc Properties (LTC): LTC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU): LULU stock is up 2.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Neustar Inc (NSR): NSR stock is up 2.7% today.
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Dupont Fabros Technology (DFT): DFT stock is down 3.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 3.5% today.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is down 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Scholastic Corp (SCHL): SCHL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Manchester United Ltd (MANU): MANU stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cellcom Israel (CEL): CEL stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- G&K Services (GK): GK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Korea Telecom Corp (KT): KT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Madison Square Garden (MSG): MSG stock is down 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.