Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Yandex N.V. (YNDX): YNDX stock is up 6.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 4.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 4.2% today.
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc (DANG): DANG stock is up 3.5% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is up 3.3% today.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH): NCLH stock is up 3.1% today.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is up 2.8% today.
- Korn/Ferry International (KFY): KFY stock is up 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG): CMG stock is down 5.9% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD): BWLD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Realty Income Corp (O): O stock is down 2.1% today.
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU): LULU stock is down 1.9% today.
- Corporate Office Properties (OFC): OFC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN): URBN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Equity Residential (EQR): EQR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tanger Factory Outlet Centers (SKT): SKT stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.